2-Night Camping Excursion in a National Park
If you would like to experience wild camping safely in a unique Finnish national park, is this camping trip is perfect for you!
Spend two nights camping in the wilderness of Central Finland. This relatively unknown national park has many wonders within. Beavers have made their presence known around every corner and atop every hill lies a humbling view.
We at Taiga Times will take care of all the food, routes, and safety planning so that you can focus on getting comfortable in the outdoors. Small groups size only.
The complete route will be approximately 20 kilometers total. Our first-day hiking is about 6 kilometers and will take us through a range of beautiful areas with many ups and downs and a pond where we have the opportunity to see beavers. The second day will be 10.6 kilometers and will offer us a view of the crystal clear waters of Lake isojärvi and towering green caverns under the old-growth forest.
As with every good camping trip, there must be time to relax and enjoy nature. Every evening we will have the chance to sit by the fire and even go for a swim if the weather is right.
Tent (fits up to 2)
Sleeping gear (a sleeping mat, a sleeping bag, a liner)
Professional wilderness guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- No public transportation nearby
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- Hiking boots required
- Backpack required
Essentials to pack for an activity
- a water bottle
- hiking shoes
- clothing for the days and personal toiletry bag
- backpack (approx. 40-50 liter)
- own snacks during hike (nuts, chocolate, protein bars etc.)