A TWO-DAY FISHING EXPERIENCE IN THE KOTKA ARCHIPELAGO
Irtiotto arjesta. Kahden päivän kalastusreissu kalaisaan saaristoon mökkimajoituksella Bókun ID: 621675
On this trip, you are guaranteed to relax and fish to your heart's content, so come with your family, friends, or workgroup and spend two glorious days of fishing in the Kotka archipelago.
Whether you are a complete beginner or a more experienced angler, this trip is suitable for everyone. This fishing trip can accommodate a maximum of 4 participants. Your base is located in the beautiful and serene Vuorisaari, 10km off the mainland.
The island's surrounding waters allow you to fish for pike, perch, pike perch and sea trout, and with a local experienced fishing guide, coupled with the best equipment and tackle, you will be able to make the most out of one of the best fishing spots in the Kotka region.
On the island, you will stay in a fully equipped cottage (including electricity and running water), with stunning views out to the open sea. There is also a private wood-fired sauna on the beach for your enjoyment.
Fishing seasons (availability varies from early to late season, depending on ice conditions):
- Perch: 15.06-15.12
- Pike perch: 21.06-15.12
- Sea trout: 15.04-31.05 and 01.10-15.12
9.00 o'clock: Boat transfer to Vuorisaari from Sapokka guest marina
9.30 o'clock: Arrival at the island cottage
10.00 o'clock: Gearing up and starting the fishing trip with a fishing guide
13.00 o'clock: Lunch break on the island
14.00 o'clock: Fishing continues
17.00 o'clock: Return to the cottage and heating of the sauna
9.00 o'clock: Gear up and start fishing from the cottage pier
12.00 o'clock: Lunch break on the island
13.00 o'clock: Fishing continues
16.00 o'clock: Return to the cottage
16.30 o'clock: Boat transfer to the mainland
17.00 o'clock: Arrival at Sapokka guest marina
- Boat transfers Kotka Sapokka-Vuorisaari-Kotka Sapokka
- Accommodation in an archipelago cottage (final cleaning included)
- Linen and towels
- Beach sauna
- Services of a certified fishing guide for two days
- All fishing equipment needed for fishing
- Fishing guide's boat and fuel
- Coffee and drinking water during the fishing trips
- Grilled sausages on the fishing trips, either on the beach or the boat as you wish.
- Life jackets
- Thermal overalls and boots on request, available in adult sizes. Please indicate your size.
- Statutory liability insurance
Your fishing permit needs to be purchased separately, and while the guide can issue you permits for an additional cost, the easiest way to get a permit is to buy one yourself at https://www.eraluvat.fi/kalastus/kalastonhoitomaksu (in Finnish), which will cost you 6€ a day per adult. Under 18s and over 65s can fish without a permit.
- If you would like something other than a sausage grilled by the guide during the breaks, we can arrange an island lunch for an additional cost. Ask about different options available when making your booking. Also, keep in mind that any food orders must be made at least 48 hours before the excursion by agreement with the tour operator (Predator Fishing Finland Oy). You are also welcome to bring your own food if you prefer.
- Our boats are designed for cast fishing and are equipped with state-of-the-art sonar technology for real-time underwater observation. The boat also comes with a bow thruster, casting platforms, and quality fishing gear for your pleasure. Additionally, any fish you catch is guaranteed to stay fresh in the boat's circulating water mist system. At the end of the day, your guide can gut and fillet your catch but can also give you good tips on how to do it yourself.
- If arriving for the tour dressed in your own clothes, please remember to bring warm, water-repellent clothing just to be on the safe side – Finnish weather can be unpredictable. Even if it's warm on the mainland, the sea breezes can be cold at times, and sudden showers can come by surprise.
- We reserve the right to cancel a fishing trip if the weather conditions are not suitable. If the weather turns dangerous due to high winds, thunderstorms, or freezing of the departure harbour, the excursion will have to be cancelled. We will, however, do our utmost to find an alternative day for you, but in the unfortunate event of us not being able to fulfil your booking, a full refund will be given. The fishing guide will assess the weather conditions and decide if the event can be safely held prior to each trip.
Essentials to pack for an activity
- Clothing suitable for the weather. Alternatively, we can arrange warm overalls and boots for you in cold weather, but this must always be agreed upon separately with the tour operator (Predator Fishing Finland Oy) and at least 48 hours before departure. Be ready to specify what size you require.