Brännskär Archipelago Weekend / All inclusive
Join us for an amazing weekend in the Finnish Archipelago. We offer you an unique experience among the islands of southern Finland. Professional guides will bring you close to the traditions of the archipelago and you get to enjoy a refreshing weekend
We are staying in handmade wooden cottages on a small island called Brännskär with only 6 inhabitants. The nature is very close by and you get to discover it up close. The Brännskär island is our base camp. Here we eat tasty, healthy and locally produced dinners. Start your days with morning movement and go out fishing with the fisherman. During the evenings we enjoy the legendary Finnish sauna including swimming in the sunset.
Enjoy both relaxing and adventurous programs during your weekend. You'll live in the middle of the archipelago for the whole weekend and you'll have the chance to get really close to the elements of nature and the stories of the archipelago. All activities are lead by guides who really knows the archipelago. You will have the chance to learn the basics in kayaking and ways to have fun in nature.
- Archipelago- and wilderness guide and instructors for all activities
- Kayaking, hiking, fishing & morning stretch
- Top quality equipment
- Free use of the equipment during your stay
- Accommodation in shared 4 person handmade log cottages on the island of Brännskär.
- All meals, nutritious, healthy & local food breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening meal
- Traditional Finnish sauna
- Boat transportation Kirjais - Brännskär - Kirjais
- Free Wi-fi
- Trains, ferries and flights to Finland
- Possible public transportation from terminals to Kirjais Port, Nagu
- Alcoholic beverages, can be bought at the restaurant
- Insurance, make sure your own travel insurance is in order.
Location: The island is located in the Turku archipelago (~3 hours from Helsinki, ~1.5 hours from Turku). To get to the island you need to travel by ferry from Kirjais Port (Österruddsvägen 20). In Kirjais you can park your car on parking slots marked with "Brännskär". Public transportation (bus) will get you as close as Nauvo village. If you are travelling with public transportation and are wondering how to get to Brännskär, please contact us and ask. We will arrange for you to get to the island.
Accommodation: In shared 4 person cottages, with toilet, kitchen and stove. All bed sheets and towels are included. Shower and sauna in a separate building nearby. The cottage are located close to each other in a typical archipelago forest environment with a view to the ocean. The cottages are roughly divided in 2 person rooms with the options to put the beds together for a double bed or kept separately as 2 single beds. Bookings with bigger groups are advised to inform us in advance to get a separate cottage.
Age limit: We recommend this trip for persons over the age of 16 years. If you are younger or want to bring a younger person along (for example family members) please, inform us and we can assess the situation.
Cancellation: A cancellation made by the participant gives the right to the following returns of the payment:
- more than 30 days before the start of the activity: 70% return
- more than 14 days before the start of the activity: 50% return
- less than 7 days before the start of the activity: no return
- If the customer gets a sudden illness of health issue and gets legitimate documentation regarding the condition from a doctor, he/she will get a total refund for the event.
Questions: Do not hesitate to contact us through email (email@example.com) or phone (+358 407071425 / +358 505919401). We are happy to help in any way we can. If you need to clarify of tailor a special schedule for arrival, departure or other transfers we can also help.
Essentials to pack for an activity
Clothing & personal equipment
- comfortable clothing for moving, exercise and relaxing
- multiple sets of clothing for changing between activities
- warm clothing for cold evenings and light clothing for warm days
- hat (for sun & chilly ocean winds)
- clothing to withstand rain
- shoes for hiking (water resistant depending on season)
- swimwear & beach towel