Explore Ancient Forest and Mire: Nature Walk with a Local Biologist
Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere, get to know some species of mires and an ancient forest and relax in the woods!
3 hours and 30 minutes
Our nature walk takes you into the ancient woods along lakes and mystic mires. The forest we see belongs to the oldest forests in Lapland. You learn about arctic nature, its plants, birds and other animals.
Upon arrival you get to know more about our home and lifestyle in the Arctic where bush craft skills are part of everyday life. This place is tranquil; we even cannot see the lights of our nearest neighbor. If we are lucky, we might see e.g. Siberian Jay, Pine Grosbeak and Capercaillie.
You also get to know arctic super food: berries and fungi. In August and September you can even try your own gathering skills. We end the walk with open-fire coffee/tea and local snacks in our Kota hut.
- transfer from Inari village
- guided walk by a local biologist
- open-fire coffee/tea with local snack
- Get dressed by weather and wear preferably rubber boots or waterproof hiking boots (for mire sections). We walk about 2 hours.
- Mosquitoes and blackflies are most abundant from midsummer to mid-August. If necessary, we borrow mosquito hats for you.
- First snow might arrive early October. However, if it is not too abundant we can organize the walk.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent.
- The main guiding languages are English and Finnish. However, we can help also in German.
Essentials to pack for an activity
We recommend you bring your own camera and/or binoculars.