Gallen-Kallela Museum visit
The museum’s temporary exhibitions present the art and life of Gallen-Kallela and his contemporaries and present-day works of contemporary art.
The beautiful surroundings and unique architecture of the Gallen-Kallela museum provide a fine setting for a visit.Designed and built by the artist Akseli Gallen-Kallela (1865 – 1931), the castle-like Tarvaspää studio and residence was opened to the public in 1961 as the Gallen-Kallela Museum.
The museum’s temporary exhibitions present the art and life of Gallen-Kallela and his contemporaries and present-day works of contemporary art. The museum provides a wide range of activities and events and serves as a centre for information on Akseli Gallen-Kallela.
Welcome to meet Akseli Gallen-Kallela, an artist who is both familiar and unknown!
- entrance ticket
- audio guide (listen on your own devices)
- Opening hours 8th of May to 30th of Aug 11 am to 6 pm every day. Winter opening hours from 1st of Sep: Mon closed, Tue to Sat 11 am to 4 pm, Sun 11 am to 5 pm.
- Gallen-Kallela Museum is accessible by public transport: bus 502 stop Tarvaspääntie from Helsinki and Leppävaara directions (1,2 km walk to museum); from Leppävaara busses 202 and 113 to the stop Majurinkulma (1,4 km walk to museum) and from Meilahti bus 33 to Tarvo stop (750 m walk to museum).
- We also recommend HSL City Bikes: you can park the bike on our own HSL bike station
- If you arrive by car, please note the parking area is limited and from there is a small walk uphill to museum. There is one handicap parking spot near cafeteria building, and you can also drive there to drop off visitors with reduced mobility before parking your car if the handicap parking spot is already reserved.
- The first floor of the museum is wheelchair and pram accessible. There are steep stairs without hand rail to the upper floor and tower.
- There are no bathrooms in the museum building: these facilities can be found at the cafeteria building.
- Guiding for groups is available on request (75€ 45 minutes): more info +358104068840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essentials to pack for an activity
Please wear mask during your visit.