5-hour Canoeing Trip with a Local Biologist in Inari
Canoe on a remote river in Inari, visit an ancient forest and enjoy local homemade snacks!
Canoeing on a river is an excellent and unique way to observe the nature of Northern Lapland and Inari. Paddling is easy to learn, so this trip suits well for everyone interested in nature and outdoor activities, even if it was your first time in a canoe. A local biologist guides your journey.
The trip starts at our home from where you have a transfer to the starting point of the canoeing trip.
While canoeing an easy part of river Vaskojoki, we observe the wildlife and vegetation of river banks. Vaskojoki river runs between the National park of Lemmenjoki and the wilderness area of Muotkatunturi. Birds are active and easier to follow in spring-summer when arctic nature awakens after long winter. In September, we can admire autumn colours along the river. We also land during our trip to enjoy an open fire snack lunch and to have a short walk on one of the ancient forests beside a river. On request, you can end your trip with a husky camp visit (additional cost).
- guided canoeing trip by a local biologist
- open-fire hot drink with local snack
- Visit of a husky camp has additional cost.
- We canoe about 14 km. The route is easy, and we canoe at a slow pace.
- Please wear rubber boots. Let us know if you do not have any.
- Remember to dress by the weather.
- A parent must accompany children.
- The transfer is not included. However, we can organize the transfer for you from Inari village (return 60e for the whole group, payment on arrival).
Essentials to pack for an activity
We recommend bringing your camera, binoculars and water bottle. Just in case, bring also your rain clothes with you.