A VOYAGE TO THE OUTER ARCHIPELAGO IN SEARCH OF THE SEA TROUT
The dream catch of the outer archipelago islands
The silver bullet of the sea, the trout - is well worth pursuing, but this feisty fish can be quite demanding. However, with the help of our knowledgeable guide, it is a memorable and rewarding experience. Our fishing guides spend over two hundred days a year fishing and know all of the best fishing spots, so with us, there's a great chance you'll get your dream catch.
The sea trout is very powerful and often starts jumping quite violently when they bite the lure, so while they are very challenging to catch, the chances of success with us are pretty good. If, however, you don't manage to catch one, spending a day in the beautiful outer archipelago is an experience all in itself.
Come spring, the fishing season starts as soon as the ice has melted and usually lasts until June. Similarly, the autumn season usually begins after mid-September when water temperatures start to fall. As autumn progresses, the fish move from the outer archipelago closer to the inner archipelago, but they can be fished right up until the ice comes back. The best time to fish for trout is usually between October and December. However, the milder winters have allowed for fishing in recent years, even in January.
-All necessary fishing equipment
-Accompaniment of a certified fishing guide
-Boat and fuel costs
-Coffee and drinking water
-Barbecue sausages. To be enjoyed either on the beach or the boat as you wish.
-Statutory liability insurance
- If you would like something other than a sausage grilled by the guide during the break, we can arrange an island lunch for an additional cost. Ask about different options available when making your booking. Also, keep in mind that any food orders must be made at least 48 hours before the excursion by agreement with the tour operator (Predator Fishing Finland Oy). You are also welcome to bring your own food if you prefer.
- Our boats are designed for cast fishing and are equipped with state-of-the-art sonar technology for real-time underwater observation. The boat also comes with a bow thruster, casting platforms, and quality fishing gear for your pleasure. Additionally, any fish you catch is guaranteed to stay fresh in the boat's circulating water mist system. At the end of the day,
- your guide can gut and fillet your catch but can also give you good tips on how to do it yourself.
- If arriving for the tour dressed in your own clothes, please remember to bring warm, water-repellent clothing just to be on the safe side – Finnish weather can be unpredictable. Even if it's warm on the mainland, the sea breezes can be cold at times, and sudden showers can come by surprise.
- We reserve the right to cancel a fishing trip if the weather conditions are not suitable. If the weather turns dangerous due to high winds, thunderstorms, or freezing of the departure harbour, the excursion will have to be cancelled. We will, however, do our utmost to find an alternative day for you, but in the unfortunate event of us not being able to fulfil your booking, a full refund will be given. The fishing guide will assess the weather conditions and decide if the event can be safely held prior to each trip.
Essentials to pack for an activity
Clothing suitable for the weather. Alternatively, we can arrange warm overalls and boots for you in cold weather, but this must always be agreed upon separately with the tour operator (Predator Fishing Finland Oy) and at least 48 hours before departure. Be ready to specify what size you require.