Sailing trip on a traditional sailing boat following the footsteps of the vikings
The newbuild replica of a traditional island cargo-boat will take us on a trip along a historic waterway used by the Vikings.
The newbuild replica of a traditional island cargo-boat will take us on a trip along a historic waterway used by the Vikings. This tar-scented, wind-powered trip is safe and suitable for all ages.
This trip will provide you with an insight of the traditional Finnish island culture and the beautiful scenery including the possible glimpse of the White-tail Eagles and Seals.
Once the sails are hoisted, we will enjoy stories of the island region and its’ working boats. We will also look at how and where the Vikings have been known to have sailed and we will of course keep our eyes open for the local wildlife
- Sailing trip on a traditional sailing boat
- Professional guide
- Stories of the island region and its’ working boats
- Beautiful scenery
- We are based in Nauvo, Parainen and it is easy to reach this place using the public transportation or your own car or bike. It should be noted that summertime is the peak travelling period and the traffic volume might be higher than usual.
- Food is not included, please bring your own snack. It`s possible to fill up your bottle with clean drinkable water for free.
- This is an outdoor activity, and the trip will be cancelled if the wind is higher than 15 m/s.
- Please let us know beforehand if you have mobility issues so we can prepare accordingly.
- Our business is based on sustainable travelling principals, and we have been certified with a “Green Start” certificate. We are also working towards the STF certification.
Essentials to pack for an activity
Pay attention to the weather forecast and dress accordingly. All the necessary safety gear is onboard. You can go inside the cabin for shelter in case of heavy rain. There is a WC onboard the boat. Food is not included, please bring your own snack.