2 Days 1 Night Snowshoe Touring in Pyhä-Luosto
Explore the true Arctic wilderness on snowshoes, across the thick snowblanket of Taiga forest and through the impressive gorge. Spend an unforgettable night in a real Finnish wilderness hut in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by the Lappish peacefulness.
Entry-level overnight snowshoe tour to Rykimäkuru Gorge and beyond in Pyhä-Luosto National Park. A qualified wilderness & snowshoeing guide will lead the tour and share his/her knowledge about the surrounding nature and wilderness travel tradition. Snowshoers will pull not-so-heavy ahkio sled (also called often pulka) for their personal equipment, which adds the right kind of spirit (and therefore, a day backpack is not necessary for this tour).
Snowshoers will spend a night in a cosy and warm wilderness hut. In the evening you can experience a real wood heated Finnish sauna (including a rolling-in-snow option). Aftewards you may fall asleep letting the mind-calming silence sinking in.
This is a great opportunity to learn the basics of more challenging multi-day snowshoe tours in the wilderness: snowshoeing technique & strategy, packing the sled, the daily maintenance routine, weather factor, etc. During the snowshoe tour you may also practice various Arctic skills with the Bliss guide: navigation in Taiga forest, use of the tradit puukko knife, fire making in snowy environment, wilderness cooking methods, and so on.
PRICE OF OVERNIGHT SNOWSHOE TOUR
The price vary depending on how many people are booking at the same time as follows:
1-2 PAX: 649 € per person
3 PAX: 549 € per person
4 PAX: 499 € per person
5 PAX: 449 € per person
6-12 PAX: 399 € per person
In case you have already made a booking and want to add more people to your group booking, please contact us first. You may email us at email@example.com or give us a call at +358 40 530 2206.
- Breakfast (not included)
- Meeting either at the CAMP Kitchen & Bar in Pyhä or at the Lapland Hotels Luostotunturi in Luosto at 9:00
- Transportation to Rykimäkero parking area, in the middle part of the Pyhä-Luosto National Park
- Snowshoeing tour starts at 10:30
- Outdoor lunch in the Arctic wilderness
- We will reach our destination by 16:00
- Heating up the hut
- The Finnish Sauna Experience by knowledgeable Bliss Sauna Guide
- Overnight stay in Kuukkeli Wilderness Hut
- Wake up and packing, breakfast at 8:00
- On the morning snowshoe tour we head to admire the view of Lappish fells (without touring pulks)
- Lunch at Kuukkeli Wilderness Hut
- After lunch we will walk over snow through Rykimäkuru Gorge, which is an impressive tear in the rock bed or a gorge. This gorge is different from the area's other gorges as it formed in a tear in the Earth's crust while the other gorges were formed by water from melted ice during the Ice Age.
- Snowshoe tour ends to Rykimäkero parking area approximately at 16:00
- Returning either to Pyhä or Luosto area by 17:00
- B = Breakfast
- L = Lunch
- D = Dinner
- Weather permitting. Bliss Adventure reserves the right to make changes to the tour program, any time without prior notice.
Transportation either from Pyhä or Luosto to the starting point of the snowshoeing – and back to Pyhä/Luosto
Dormitory accommodation in the wilderness hut (1 night)
Meals mentioned in the itinerary
Snowshoeing equipment rental (incl. gaiters)
Touring sled rental
English speaking wilderness & snowshoeing guide's services and storytelling
The guide will be available 24/7 to respond clients' any need
Snowshoeing is an entry-level activity regarding the technical difficulty and the physical challenge of it. To walk on snowshoes is very easy, no previous experience will be required. However, a certain level of fitness and right attitude is a must. Both days the snowshoe tour will be customized to fit the group's stamina and ambitions.
The day before a snowshoe tour briefing will be held either at the CAMP Kitchen & Bar Pyhä or at the Lapland Hotels Luostotunturi at 19:30. A Bliss guide will check the clients' clothing and the other possible personal equipment for the tour (if clothing or shoes not fully suitable for the activity, the Bliss guide will search a local rental solutions). OPTIONAL: Capturing Auroras photography workshop at 20:00, giving the participants useful photo skills for the rest of their stay in Lapland (not included in the price).
Snowshoeing truly opens the snow-blanketed wilderness for fun and safe exploring. Snowshoes simply take one to places which would not be possible to reach without them.
From Rovaniemi, the closest airport and Santa Claus’ headquarters, it takes approximately two hours by car or by Skibus to reach us either in Pyhä (Hotel Pyhätunturi) or in Luosto (Lapland Hotel Luostotunturi).
Kindly note that 10% of the price of your tour is non-refundable. The 10% will be used to cover fees connected to your booking such as credit card transactions and other administrative charges. Refunds will only be issued to the card used to purchase the tour.
Mitä minun tulee tuoda mukana?
Participants must arrive prepared with suitable clothing for cold winter weather. Layers required. A detailed clothing and equipment list will be sent to you when you book your trip. Don’t forget your camera at home, since snowshoer tends to get to gorgeous places rarely seen people on foot or by car.