- Enjoy the forest and find fascinating mushrooms!
- Learn about the different characteristics and families of fungi in the Finnish forest.
- If we find enough mushrooms we can fry them up for some extra lunch!
- Find rare fungi such as this bleeding tooth fungus! Every tour is unique.
- Collecting lots of chanterelles from the forest
- Picture perfect finds from Liesjärvi national park. Don't miss out to take awesome photos like these!
Discover a foragers paradise on this day trip to a pristine Finnish national park. This excursion is packed with adventure, education, and delicious food.
This guided foraging tour from Helsinki immerses us into the forest and the magical world of fungi. Bright oranges, golden yellows, and deep reds decorate the forest floor. We are in search of Finland's most delicious and prized edible mushrooms, the chanterelle. It is also a personal favourite here at Taiga Times.
However, as the name suggests, it is a hunt! We will not always find what we are looking for, and although most of the mushrooms are harmless, there are many poisonous ones too. But not to worry, for your guide will be able to show you which are edible and is always available to explain about the different fungi you have found.
• Forage with a professional guide in a national park
• Learn how to identify specific edible mushrooms
• Help prepare and cook your wild fungi finds
• Enjoy a Finnish-style lunch and coffee by the campfire
Pick-up time: 9 A.M.
Drop-off time: 4 P.M.
Once we have arrived at Liesjärvi National Park, our group will begin their hike through the forest to some of our favourite mushroom picking spots. Your guide will tell you what mushrooms can be picked and eaten.
When our group has gathered enough mushrooms, we will make our way to the campfire by the lakeside. While your guide starts the fire and prepares a traditional Finnish-style lunch with campfire coffee, there will be plenty of time to take photos, enjoy conversation with one another, and experience the peace of the Taiga forest.
The group may have the chance to cook and taste any mushrooms that have been picked. After lunch, the group will continue to explore the natural beauty of Liesjärvi and we will make our way back to the starting point. We will drop you off in Helsinki feeling relaxed from this wonderful adventure.
On this day trip, we spend approximately 4.5 hours within the national park. With transportation, the total length of this nature tour is 7 hours.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professional wilderness guide
- Finnish-style lunch with dessert and coffee/tea
- Some raingear (jackets) available in case of rain
Hintaan ei sisälly
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infant seats unavailable
- Please provide any dietary-restriction information
- This product operates rain or shine, except in the case of extreme weather eventslike thunderstorm
Mitä minun tulee tuoda mukana?
- Walking shoes
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Water bottle